Admission hours: from 7 am
Location: First floor
Phone number: +98 21 8245 2183
Physiotherapy aims to use physical non-invasive methods to improve the
motor system function and return it to the pre-illness conditions. Some
physiotherapy measures include:
· Physiotherapy provides physical treatment for muscles, bones, and joints,
such as helping treat low back pain, joint pain, sport injuries, and faster and
better repair of motor system after surgery.
· Physiotherapy provides physical treatment to improve the function of the
respiratory system, such as helping treat asthma, bronchitis, and emphysema.
· Physiotherapy provides physical treatment to improve the nervous system
problems, such as helping treat head trauma, stroke, spinal cord injuries,
Parkinson, MS, or patient rehabilitation after a brain surgery. The physiotherapist
helps to reverse the motion range, muscle strength, balance, and coordination
between muscles and organs to the pre-illness conditions by exercising and
training exercises. In other words, the physiotherapist helps restore the
functioning of the motor system after a problem occurs.
· Instructing patients in better use of the tools, crutches, walkers,
wheelchairs, and artificial limbs as well as the correct way of walking after
the disease onset.
· Physiotherapy reduces pain and swelling by applying heat and cold,
stretching, manual techniques, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, and other
· Recent research has shown that physiotherapy of lungs and organs in ICU and
CCU can reduce the time of discharge between 2 and 4 days.
The physiotherapy department at Mehr Hospital is ready to
provide services to inpatients and outpatients every day.